Session Counts (Registrations / Re-Regs)

Hi.  I see the ePMP Access Point does show Session Time, but I don't see Registration counts, re-Reg's, etc.  It' be useful to see that info to know if there's a problem with an SM dropping off often.   Or maybe it is in there somewhere and I just cant find it?  :)

Hello,

There is a "Session Drops" stat that gets updated when the link between the AP and the SM is dropped. The stat is under Monitor->Performance in both the AP and the SM. In the AP side, it reflects the total count of sessions dropped for the sector, while in the SM, it reflects sessions dropped for that specific SM. You could combine this information with the "Session Time" displayed per SM under Monitor-> Wireless to pinpoint which SMs seem to be dropping the link most frequently.

Hope that helps,

Luis

In the AP side, it reflects the total count of sessions dropped for the sector, while in the SM, it reflects sessions dropped for that specific SM.

Hi.  OK, that's what I thought. I was expecting to see it on AP list somewhere, listing the number of drops per SM.  The way it is now, if the AP reports some number (lets say 34 total drops) and if we have 60 clients connected to that sector - we would have to manually search through every SM and write down the totals of each to find out where that 34 drops come from.  If it is 1 drop each for about 1/2 the clients (no problem), but if it's only 2 clients with 16 & 18 drops respectivly (problem).

For me, having certain info available ''at a glance'' on the AP seems essential for management.  We would really like to see (like Canopy) the session drops or re-reg's in the AP's client list - as well as seeing the RX/TX throughput speed in the client list.  For us, those things feel like essential managment info, and we feel that certain info needs to be visible in the list, across the whole sector, rather than having to log into 2,000 SM's individually to see that info.

Understood. Sometimes is difficult to organize so much information in the WebUI but I will submit your request for consideration. Does it help that "Session Drops" is accessible via SNMP? You could monitor it on a per SM basis via SNMP. Just a suggestion.

OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.2.1.45.0

Regards,

Luis

That does help but there are some limitations to graphing this oid as it does not increment the session counter on the AP or SM when a client is deregistered from the AP as I am having to do many times a day now on 2.5.1. The successful network entries figure on the AP increments after a successful deregister and re-reg but no evidence of it in the sessions droped counter.

Hello,

Sounds like a defect. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards