Setting SNMP Location

It appears that SNMP doesn't pull off of the GPS.  Where/how do I set the SNMP location in the EPMP 1000 so my monitoring system doesn't think the units are in saskatchewan?  Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to the SNMP field sysLocation?  I've been wishing for some time for GUI control of sysLocation and sysContact fields.  Currently the only thing you can do is set them via SNMP.

j

1 Like

Yes sir, that's exactly what I'm referring to.  I would think hostname, contact, and location would be a standard snmp implementation....

I am also looking for this field. We use location alot in our monitoring software and it pulls from the RFC.

Anyone know if this will be implemented in the ePMP line anytime soon?

Sorry to revive old thread but was this ever added? Also use sysLocation for monitoring system and lack of it is annoying

Yes, it was added in (I think) 3.5 firmware.  Configuration->System now has "System Location" field, as well as "System Name" and "System Description", the first two of which are presented as the standard sysName and sysLocation SNMP fields. (we now use the Description field to specify business/residential, plus SM installation notes like 'tree climb', 'ferrite ring', etc)

j

1 Like