I'm currently attempting to get a PTP650 unit in to recovery mode by performing a short power cycle. I've set a static IP on the 169.254 subnet and have a continuous ping going to the default IP of 169.254.1.1. The radio does come up in recovery mode, but as seen in the screenshot, only does so for about 4 seconds before it disappears. I've attempted to access the unit via HTTP during this window, but I can't seem to establish a connection before the radio stops pinging. I've tried telnet and ssh hoping that would signal the radio to stay in recovery long enough to get a HTTPS session established, but no dice.
Does anyone have a suggetion on how to get in to these things?
Edit: I used wireshark to find the IP the radio was trying to use (169.254.1.2, of course). A tech was trying to test it in the shop and changed the IP so they could link up with a second radio. That doesn't explain the odd recovery behavior though.
Edit 2: I've marked the second post as the solution. The instructions do not work for me (I already followed them before I posted), but the solution here is simply to contact support.
Please use the below procedure to enter recovery mode manually.
1 Apply power to PSU for at least 10 seconds.
2 Remove power for two seconds.
3 Re-apply power to the PSU.
4 When the unit is in recovery mode, access the web interface by entering the default IP address 169.254.1.1. The Recovery Image Warning page is displayed.
5 Click on the warning page image.The Recovery Option Page is displayed.
6 Review the Software Version and Recovery Reason.
7 Select a recovery option.
In case the issue still persists, please send an email to email@example.com with all the details and will be happy to help.
I've followed those instructions a few times already to no avail. I found that info both in the PTP650 installation guide (page 7-44) and in other threads on this forum before I posted here. Unfortunately, as seen in the screenshot above, the device only responds to pings on that IP for ~4 seconds (instead of the ~30 or so I hear it is supposed to). Even when I try to access the web interface during those four seconds, the connection times out. Thankfully, I was able to find the radio's IP by a differnet method (as mentioned in my edit to the original post), so I no longer need to worry about it, but it still seems to be an issue.
If I see this issue in the future, I'll be sure to e-mail support and hopefully we can figure out what's going on.