Signal Drops Randomly Please Help :)

first of all i want to say thank you to all those that have contributed to this thread. I really appreciate it. I am going to try to get my isp to come here and see if they cant get the situation fixed. please keep the input coming it has all been very educational and greatā€¦ You guys are giving me hope that one day i will be able to play online games again. :slight_smile: i cant hardly wait !

thanks againā€¦
peacer

Isnā€™t 26 dBi with a 17dBi yagi above the legal limit in the US? Iā€™d try lowering and increasing the power settings as a last resort to see if it solves the problemā€¦ I have users on one tower with an Omni that hear the tower at -86 but the tower hears them at -64 because of distanceā€¦

jwcn wrote:
Isn't 26 dBi with a 17dBi yagi above the legal limit in the US? I'd try lowering and increasing the power settings as a last resort to see if it solves the problem... I have users on one tower with an Omni that hear the tower at -86 but the tower hears them at -64 because of distance...

Yeah - being as we don't know what the tower hears the signal at, having him adjust the power anymore might make problems for someone else.

Judging from what has been explained I would definitely agree with those thinking the new AP is causing interference. I have a customer I will be handling in the morning that's having a similar situation - my AP hears them at a blistering -59 and they are still having tons of re-regs. I'm going to investigate and will report my findings. I should note no one else on the tower (50subs) is suffering from this issue.
wifiguy wrote:
I have a customer I will be handling in the morning that's having a similar situation - my AP hears them at a blistering -59 and they are still having tons of re-regs. I'm going to investigate and will report my findings. I should note no one else on the tower (50subs) is suffering from this issue.

-59 is pretty hot. We had similar issues with re-reg's until our AP's were RF balanced.
jwelch wrote:
[quote="wifiguy":cyt5m9eg]I have a customer I will be handling in the morning that's having a similar situation - my AP hears them at a blistering -59 and they are still having tons of re-regs. I'm going to investigate and will report my findings. I should note no one else on the tower (50subs) is suffering from this issue.

-59 is pretty hot. We had similar issues with re-reg's until our AP's were RF balanced.[/quote:cyt5m9eg]

Yeah, this AP has been RF balanced. It's a really weird issue. Has to be something local to the client. Client was around -65 prior and we turned up the power just to see if it would help.