Simple question

What does Out of Range Up Sched mean in the sm rf status page?

Means your SM is out of range of your AP. What is your AP distance set to?

ap is set to 10 miles and the sm is under 2 miles away.

Well, for some reason the AP thinks the SM is more then 10 miles away.

Using x2 in HWS makes SMs appear to be twice as far as reported to APs, but that still doesn’t add up.

A really poor signal could couse this.

Well, this is running in SWS link test is 100 pecent both way jitter is 1-2. The reason i wanted to know is we have a few customers that seem to ping just fine for a while to our main router but then they spike up to over 1000 ms and drop a few packets and then drop back to normal. There isnt constant drop but enough to have games notice it. And also the ap when it drops the packets doesnt drops its singnals no re reg or anything.

Did you install the Ethernet Surge Suppressor at these customer locations?

msmith wrote:
Did you install the Ethernet Surge Suppressor at these customer locations?

How could this relate to the issue at all?

Because the ethernet surge suppressors have been known to cause symptoms identical to the ones you mention. In some installations, as soon as the ground wire is removed from the SS, ping times go back to normal. Look back a few months in the forum, I’m sure you will find the posts.

msmith wrote:
Because the ethernet surge suppressors have been known to cause symptoms identical to the ones you mention. In some installations, as soon as the ground wire is removed from the SS, ping times go back to normal. Look back a few months in the forum, I'm sure you will find the posts.

Thank you, sorry for the diversion.

-m-

No problem. I am still curious as to whether or not your installs have SS’s. On some of ours they caused nothing but problems until the ground wire was removed, and on others they work great.

We install the Surge when doing the install, removing the ground doesnt fix the issue. We did however change ap’s and the issue seem to have vanished. Sadly this was a brand new advantage ap. I dont understand how it could pass traffic and ect. Perhaps self intererance or something is messed up with the antenna.

What type of AP/SM is this? 900Mhz? 5.7?

Could you have some weird interference between the SM and AP? What kind of spectrum analysis have you done?

Msmith:

At installations where the SS causes problems, are you grounding to the same point as the building’s electrical system? Have you checked the voltage on the neutral relative to ground? Attached an oscilloscope between the SS and the ground? Are you using shielded Ethernet cable?

I haven’t yet had an SS cause any problems. It’s certainly possible to have a defective SS, but – judging by this forum – the issue appears somewhat common.

2.4 ap andvantage running in SWS