Simultaneous disconnection of SM

Dave

We have two related, but not identical, tickets open.  The relevant ticket is #175244, updated on the 5th.  Please contact me directly for more details so we do not clutter up the forum.  

Did you get the to root cause on this. we are expierencing the same thing on 15.1.5 Multiple SMs shutting down traffic for about a minute. multiple times per day

Appears that we aren't the only one with phantom SM drops . We have dozens of hour into this and are chasing our tails.  I don't see Cambium addressing this very well to dates.  We run continuous tests from outside our network all the way down to custome CPE and don't see packet loss.  What we do see if customer CPE including pilots not able to communicate out with frequent complete drops of service for around a minute.

It is not regular, doesn't seem to affect AP or other SM and no regulatrity.  Other than frequent and very noticable. During these "brown outs" . No traffic can pass up from CPE through the SM. 

Any one else seeing this one?  And I agree with previous comments. "Gee thats intersting" isn't helping.  If we are fighting a release issue on the SM its not apparent , We are at current levels. And the problem pre-dates current levels.  It has been suggested that 16.x will help. I have my doubts.

obriensaas,

There are currently 3 engineers actively working this issue at the moment.  In fact, they have been talking directly with your colleague, Tom, today collecting data and discussing this with engineering.  We hope to have an answer to this soon.

Chuck

1 Like

@obriensaas wrote:

Did you get the to root cause on this. we are expierencing the same thing on 15.1.5 Multiple SMs shutting down traffic for about a minute. multiple times per day

obriensaas,

Regarding 15.1.5, we have a known issue on that release with 450b SMs having sessions stuck. This was fixed in 15.2. So please upgrade to 15.2.1 or later for the fix to specific 450b stuck sessions issue.

Otherwise, as Chuck mentioned we are continuing to investigate other session issues.

Charlie

I would just like to point out that the 450b was not the only model with stuck session issues on 15.1.5.  3.65 ghz model 450 sm's also suffered that and 15.2+ resolved that issue for me.

It was not a widespread issue, one AP had a number of clients with the issue, two other AP's (on seperate towers) had 2 cases each reported to me.  Another dozen or so AP's have not had this issue (or at least support staff have not reported it to me, nor have I seen it in cnMaestro).