Sinister with ePMP

Hello,
In the past few days I'm having a problem with my epmp network, some of my equipment simply changed from router to bridge, also losing access through the administrator account. It should be noted that the radio was updated and the administrator password changed before the accident; So, or can you help me?

1 Like

Hi. Please contact our support team at support@cambiumnetworks.com

@Joel Prata1 wrote:

Hello,
In the past few days I'm having a problem with my epmp network, some of my equipment simply changed from router to bridge, also losing access through the administrator account. It should be noted that the radio was updated and the administrator password changed before the accident; So, or can you help me?

Hi Joel,

Did you change SNMP community strings?

ePMP configuration can be changed via snmp too.

Please note they should be changed as soon as possible after deployment.

Also please note radio can be reseted to default via power cycle and we recommend to disable this function on GUI(Tools -> Backup/Restore page) for areas with intermittent power failures.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi
I did not change these parameters yet, however, the radio did not reset, just changed the operation mode and the administrator password, preserving all the custom settings.

1 Like

Please change snmp community strings.

Actually it is the only possible way to change setting in case you don't know admin UI access credentials.

Thank you.

1 Like

I use cnmaestro, you can tell me if I can make the change in mass, because I have 3000 clients.

1 Like

Joel,

Please create template by downloading configuration from epMP device.

Then find strings and replace values to non-default:

"snmpReadOnlyCommunity":	"public",
"snmpReadWriteCommunity":	"private",

To desable Reset via Power Sequence please configure next parameter to 0.

"powerSequenceFactoryDefault":	"0",

Thank you.

3 Likes

This got me thinking about building a template to fix some default issues we are haivng as well.  So far, I have this (the SNMP is random and not used):

"networkMACTELNET": "0",
        "snmpReadWriteCommunity":	"jb37nf7@!4",
        "networkLLDP":"0",
        "cambiumSSHServerEnable": "1",
        "powerSequenceFactoryDefault": "0",
	"systemNtpServerPrimaryIP":	"10.10.10.45",
        "networkPortSecurity":"1",
	"networkPortSecurityMax":"2",
	"networkPortSecurityAgingTime":"300"

This turns off default features we don't use (LLDP and MAC-Telnet), turns on SSH so we can access radios in the event of web failure, we use our own internal NTP server on the MGT VLAN and we turn on Network Port Security so in case the customer plugs the radio into a switch, only 2 devices will ever get an IP from our routers.

What I can't find a way to turn off in a script is the Installer, Home and Read Only user accounts.  I'd like to de-activate all of those by default - or change the password of them away from the default and I don't see that option in the JSON file.  I must just be missing it.

2 Likes

Try installer_user_enabled, home_user_enabled, and readonly_user_enabled.  Not sure, but that's the field names used by the webUI JSON for those three settings - 1 or 0 like networkMACTELNET. 

j

Hello
Did you have this problem?
Did he introduce himself as he did to me?

No, we did not have the same problem you did. No one has acessed us and our management VLAN is not accessible from the Internet. But, I don't discount the smarts of a potential hacker so we are looking at closing up any existing holes.

2 Likes

Hi
I understood.

1 Like