Site without GPS sync

In one city I have 6 sites with Canopy equipment, 5.4 and all have CMM micro. The problem is with my first site, it just wouldn’t get GPS sync. I guess there is a problem with poor coverage or maybe some interference from the tower. We have lost months, not days trying to get the gps sync working. We tried different CMM, Andrew cable, shielding of the cable, different positions of the CMM, different positions of the GPS antenna, removing the antenna away from the tower, putting it on the top etc, and nothing.

Till recent the four AP were synced trough timing port, one AP was generating sync the others were receiving. In my efforts to sync all the canopies I have put one SM witch is connected to site witch has gps sync, ant the AP-s are receiving sync from the SM trough timing port. The SM doesn’t have re-reg count, but from time to time I’m losing sync on all the APs. It looks like one sync pulse (the pulse is send every second) from time to time is being lost.

Does someone have experience with problems like this? Is there any limitation how many units can be synced trough timing port?

We tried different CMM, Andrew cable, shielding of the cable, different positions of the CMM, different positions of the GPS antenna, removing the antenna away from the tower, putting it on the top etc, and nothing.

This might be a dumb question, but have you tried a different GPS antenna? You most likely have, just failed to mention it above.

I failed to mention it. We tried different GPS antenna, different CMM. The next thing to try is the neigboring tower.