SM 2.4 upgrade

Hi Alls,

it’s me again :slight_smile:
I have 2.4 SM with default sofw 4.2.3, i upgrade to 6.1, and to 7.0 n to 7.1.4
Installation was successfully. I have AP Advantage, n i want to use hardware scheduler. But i can’t find option to select hardware/software scheduler on that SM. I open the chassis n the number that print on PCB is 84-88710R01 I SS P3 2400. Is there older board or my SM is bad unit?

regards,
mrdlnf

To switch your 2.4 between software and hardware, you need to have the updating utility which you can find on this website. You will add a network device (SM) and input the ip address of that device. Then its a few other steps that I forget the exact procedure.

thanks Sir,

Actually my SMs is P8 board :frowning: . I already can switch to hardware scheduler via CNUT, but i can’t use 2x features, so i must ask to Motorola to replace my stuff with P9 :slight_smile:

regards,
mrdlnf

Can the Non-Advange 2.4 do hardware scheduling?
what is the factory default, hardware or software?

Is it true that hardware offers better restance to interferance?

What utility do I use to change?

currently at 6.0 but going to 7 next month

Thanks Kevin

Yes, the Non-Advantage SM’s can do HWS, but they need an Advantage AP for it.

Factory default is SWS.

At this point (7.1.4) HWS is MORE susceptable to interference than SWS. This is being worked on and a fix should be in 7.2 (whenever it comes out).

The HWS/SWS is a check box in the Configuration page on both the AP and SM.

Aaron

acherman wrote:

At this point (7.1.4) HWS is MORE susceptable to interference than SWS. This is being worked on and a fix should be in 7.2 (whenever it comes out).

Aaron

For clarification, HWS is not more susceptable to interference than SWS. Interference does encourage the re-reg problem but it is not accurate to state that HWS is more susceptable to interference. Its a number of items including the traffic load across the AP.
Interference does encourage the re-reg problem...

Sorry, that's what I meant. :oops:

Aaron