SM at 1.5 KM need use reflexive to conncet to AP!

I have a CMM. All AP have set as the manual.
Around 500M-800M all SM can register, but around 1.5KM must use reflexive. and if did not use reflexive My AP is in the list of SM AP evel data and spectrum analyzer find many 5.7-5.8. I want to know why must use reflexive? and out of 2KM use reflexive SM can not match AP.

Is trees ? buildings? any thing? I must to stand aside. The trees can scatter the signal?

Start with this:
http://motorola.canopywireless.com/supp … terference

Depending on the frequency you are using, and the number of trees you are trying to penetrate, your distance will be moderately to severely limited.

Thanks for help. I have check the spectram analyzer there have a big big surprise, Form 5720,5735,5745,5765,5770,5785,5790,5810,5830,5840 all of them has been used!! I am deploy my AP in 5820,5725,5800, but at 1.5KM my sm only can get from -80 to -79, and others like 5735,5770 can be -58. Must use the reflecter to conncet, and after conncet download is only 500K,It support be 3-4M.

At 3.5KM the SM even user reflecter can not to conncet. I want to know What is the problem. Is it interfere?

Other things at 1.5KM my SM can find two my APs in his AP EVAL DATA,and both of APs can connet.
Thank you

This is exactly why you do a spectrum analysis of your target area BEFORE you purchase equipment. The spectrum is completely used and you will have a very difficult time successfully deploying 5.7GHz AP’s in your area.

You need 20MHz of clear spectrum for each AP - 10Mz above and 10MHz below your selected frequency. You also need to have all AP’s in a given band to be in sync with each other, even if they belong to another operator.

Because you have not taken the appropriate steps to co-ordinate spectrum usage and radio configuration you are causing interference to the other WISP operators that were already there.

You need to shut down your AP’s. Then you need to do a spectrum analysis of your target area and determine what bands are available. Then you need to contact your supplier and ask them to exchange the AP’s you have for AP’s that will work in your area.

For every WISP it’s a balancing act. A lot of time and energy goes into getting the network running well and having another provider show up and try to start a WISP without co-ordinating makes life difficult for everyone. Be a good neighbor and work with whoever is already there.

:smiley: Great explaination.

Jerry Richardson wrote:

For every WISP it's a balancing act. A lot of time and energy goes into getting the network running well and having another provider show up and try to start a WISP without co-ordinating makes life difficult for everyone. Be a good neighbor and work with whoever is already there.

Best thing I have heard all year!

In this country 5.7 is not free, I have paid amost 10000 USD dollar per year to get permit to user 5.7. Other WISP have all get 2.4 or 5.2, that is why I bought 5.7 device. but now I find out the one who use 2.4 he just use 5.7 to bridge his 2.4 APs. Now I have no idear about this. I hope the goverment can help me to stop that company use 5.7. and it is very funny that company’s tower is over 200M from my tower. We are really neighbor.