SM disconnects only at night

Hello,

We have this SM on a fish farm that for some reason disconnect itself every night.
During the day the session remains rock solid with RSSI of about 1100 and jitter 2-4. Link evaluation though is 97% down and 73% up.

We have followed this SM session every day and it not disconnects once during the day but around 12 midnight I have seen this SM oscillate between 1300 and 800 RSSI in a matter of seconds, jitter is also all over the place until the unit disconnect and does not comeback until the subscriber power cycles the following morning.
The 2.4 SM is about 13 miles from the AP over flat desert terrain.
Here a picture of the installation. The AP is located in one of the mountains on the background, I’m not sure if those power towers have anything to do with this: http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/chavex70/IMG_0158.jpg

Thanks!

we have always had issues with power lines. if it needs rebooted every morning and works fine then, why not install a christmas tree timer to reboot it say 6 am every morning? we did this with a couple problimatic tranzeo APs and it worked great.

Is this operating in 2X mode? if so move it to 1X and see if that improves the link test.

Also you might be better off shooting under the power lines by moving the SM lower on that pole.

Watch the dbm and jitter not rssi. If the dbm is constantly changing you probably have some sort of physical interference. if its jitter then its most likely EMI or radio interference.

Yes the SM is 1x
This from the AP.

Site Name : Sanagro Granjas de Tilapia
Software Version : CANOPY 8.2.4
Software Boot Version : CANOPYBOOT 1.0
FPGA Version : 092707 (DES, Sched, US/ETSIv1.3.1) P10
Session Timeout: 0, AirDelay 1504 (approximately 13.96 miles (73696 feet))
Session Count: 22, Reg Count 57, Re-Reg Count 50
RSSI (Avg/Last): 394/420 Jitter (Avg/Last): 8/6 Power Level (Avg/Last): -76/-76
Sustained Uplink Data Rate (SM): 1500 (kbit)
Uplink Burst Allocation (SM): 500000 (kbit)
Sustained Downlink Data Rate (SM): 1000 (kbit)
Downlink Burst Allocation (SM): 500000 (kbit)
Low Priority Uplink CIR (SM): 0 (kbps) Low Priority Downlink CIR (SM): 0 (kbps)

Power and jitter remain stable during the day. Lowering the SM may not make a difference since the power lines are about 150ft away or more so we will still receive hwatever radiation the’re putting up at night.

This farm is only open during business hours. For now I may just install a timer as VLAN1 suggested, power off the gear around 12A and bring it back online at 7A. The customer experience will be uninterrupted service .

I’ve seen signal levels fluctuate slightly depending on the time of day - sometimes as much as 4db. What is your noise floor? To me it looks like the signal level is awful low to start with.

We have had the same problem with 2.4 past 12 miles, it will fade at night, not every night but several times a year. we no longer sale past 10 miles.
if you find a solution please post it. I tried for everything including a larger dish at at the customer house it still would drop at night.