SM Event (as seen in prizm) VLAN membership

We have been seeing the following event in Prizm for a variety of radios. Most have decent RF levels but the bounce between vlan membership is annoying.

Anybody else see this and have any suggestions?

8/22/08 8:59 PM Type: Discovered User: SYSTEM
VLAN Configuration VLAN Membership: ‘’ —> ‘1’

8/22/08 8:59 PM Type: Discovered User: SYSTEM
VLAN Configuration VLAN Membership: ‘1’ —> ‘’

One of the many reasons we’re dropping Prizm. I tried every configuration that I could think of to get that error to go away. I think it won’t occur if you’re using BAM for radio configuration, but…

We had issues running BAM under Prizm with the BAM interface shutting down and not allowing radios to register, so we quit using that part of it a long time ago. I got sick of having to clear THOUSANDS of entries in the event log turning the network yellow.

Prizm got shut off last week as we finally got our own monitoring/metrics notification solution in place. We use an internet map as our core interface, with a pinpoint at each client location, color-coded to show status of the client. Bubble pops out on hover to give access to detailed info and tools for each client. Still rough around the edges, but coming together wonderfully.

Yeah, I’m pig sick of Prizm too. The fact we paid so much for this heap is beyond me.

Instead of getting better, this program is getting worse. It is so slow and we can’t bring in any new v8 radios

Moto support’s only suggestion is to “reinstall” the software, bugger that.

I like your solution, care to share? Maybe between your development staff and my programmers we could put our collective efforts to work.

Let me know if your interested.

mikeg wrote:
Yeah, I'm pig sick of Prizm too. The fact we paid so much for this heap is beyond me.

Instead of getting better, this program is getting worse. It is so slow and we can't bring in any new v8 radios

Moto support's only suggestion is to "reinstall" the software, bugger that.

I like your solution, care to share? Maybe between your development staff and my programmers we could put our collective efforts to work.

Let me know if your interested.

My install is so hosed that I probably need to reinstall the operating system just to clean up all the junk that's giving me trouble. The biggest pain in my butt lately has been that I have to enter the IP address of a new radio before it authenticates with Prizm, otherwise it can't ever poll the element until you delete and re-add the element.

I also have issues where I cannot see newly entered elements until I reboot the server.

Not cool, Moto. Not cool.