SM problem

Okay, I have a Canopy SM module, till yesterday it worked fine, today It dosen’t see any AP’s although the nearest AP is only 100meters far and the farest is 450meters. I used to track 8 AP’s today there is not a single one. When I go to the AP Eval Data page it is blank 0 AP’s. I phoned the ISP they say they will get back at me soon. My neighbour has the sam system and he is seeing the AP’s. Can u tell me please can any of these following problems causing this:
1. ISP unregistered my SM
2. SM is damaged
3. The firmware does not match the AP
4. They are using Authenticitation

Sounds like you have problems with your SM. The other possibilities you list typically just restrict registration, but the APs would still be listed on the AP Eval page.

One exception, however, is the FPGA version. If your ISP upgraded the software in the system, but missed the FPGA in your SM, you may not be able to see any of the APs with the newer FPGA. Look at the Status page on your SM; lines 2,3,&4 are the software, boot, & FPGA versions, respectively; compare them with your neighbor’s.

Something else you could try is to compare your SM’s Spectrum Analyzer with your neighbors. If both SMs see the same spikes and hills then it’s likely the FPGA issue. If your SM sees nothing that your neighbor sees then it’s more likely your SM’s RF frontend is damaged.

Medialock wrote:
Okay, I have a Canopy SM module, till yesterday it worked fine, today It dosen't see any AP's although the nearest AP is only 100meters far and the farest is 450meters. I used to track 8 AP's today there is not a single one. When I go to the AP Eval Data page it is blank 0 AP's. I phoned the ISP they say they will get back at me soon. My neighbour has the sam system and he is seeing the AP's. Can u tell me please can any of these following problems causing this:
1. ISP unregistered my SM
2. SM is damaged
3. The firmware does not match the AP
4. They are using Authenticitation

try looking at the spectrum analyzer page - if all the frequencies are "flat" then the radio is most likely broken. also, make sure all the frequencies are ticked in the configuration page.

OK resolved the issue I manualy upgraded my module. It now reads CANOPYBOOT 3.0 and Version 7.2 but didn’t upgrade the FPGA. Can this cause any problems in the future if I don’t upgrade the FPGA too. Anyway thnx for your very much appreciated help.

P.S. Maybe my ISP could not do an automatic upgrade of my module cause I used lockconfig.