SM QOS not working with 16.1.1

we have been in process of updating from 16.1 to 16.1.1 on our pmp450's. We use QOS from the SM for our packages,  I noticed that users with a limited package say 5mbs were pulling over 15 and so on.  I went through ap's settings and nothing seemed different.  I reverted the firmware back to 16.1 and all is good again??  Not sure if there is a new feature or switch that needs to be set or if there is something amiss.

anyone else run into this?

Hi rch68,

Could you please send me the engineering.cgi files from both AP and SM, to balaji.grandhi@cambiumnetworks.com.

Thanks,
Balaji

Hi,

we are planning to update to 16.1.1, can you keep us up to date about this?

Thank you.

Didn’t test 16.1.1 but 16.2 beta3 and 4 for CBRS ignore Qos settings when Nat enabled. Bridge mode applies fine.

Tim

Hi rch68,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice.

Starting 16.1.1, SM in NAT mode is not honoring QoS configuration.

As Tim pointed out, SM honors QoS configuration in Bridge mode.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

We will fix this in the upcoming release.

Balaji

Hi,

this is huge.
Are you going to fix it very soon with a .1.1.1 release?

@rch68 wrote:

I went through ap's settings and nothing seemed different.  I reverted the firmware back to 16.1 and all is good again??

Hi,

di you upgrade both AP and SM's? Because we upgrade ONLY (few) APs, and we notice upto 50Mbit to Sm with a 16Mbit plan.
Thank you

Yes we did both ap's and sm's with nat enabled. Will just sit on 16.1 and wait for fix...

1 Like

@MW_WISP wrote:
Hi,

this is huge.
Are you going to fix it very soon with a .1.1.1 release?

Hi, can we have a reply to this?
It's important, for us, to understand how to deal with this issue. Are we waiting for a fix in a week? We can wait. Are we waiting for a future release in months? We should downgrade.
But these operations must be planned, because of uhe impact (think about thousands of customers).

If we haven't any input from you we are lost, and we have angry customers.

I'm sure you understand, thank you.

Hi,

We have identified the cause and are testing a fix.  It was introduced in 16.1.1, and we are planning to do a 16.1.1.1 release for this and should have this within the next several days.  There are a couple of other issues we are also trying to get in as we are able, but we won't delay this fix too long after we have it fully verified.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

2 Likes

Thank you

We have 16.1.1.1 BETA-1 available with this fix. We aren't planning on doing an open beta, but rather plan to release it official early next week, if all the testing goes well.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Charlie

1 Like