SM radio AP list rescanning restart issue.(In TDD Mode)

Good day.

I have facing a mysterious issue, that I install a 110 AP with an 18bd sector antenna (SSID: SECTOR-PRI). And here has 5-SM which is connected with the sector antenna. Its performance looks good.

And now I install another same AP with same antenna from another near distance of those SM, that they can get better result than existing. (SSID: SECTOR-SEC)

But now here I have suffering with this, none of SM shown the current / real-time RSSI report for the second AP, while they connect with first AP. I mean the SECTOR-SEC AP.

But this kind of problem not found if I use Ubiquity radios. So basically I need to check the second sector signal while SM are connected with first AP.

Actually SM radio is not restarting its AP list scanning. So it’s an issue for me when I try to check the second AP signal strength with SM radio from remote side.

Please check attached file of my problem. And let me know how I can check the second AP signal strength while the SM connected with first AP

Hi Mahadi,

For ePMP 802.11n based products scanning is not possible when they are connected to the AP.

They have only one radio and don't have second dedicated radio for scanning and spectrum analysis, like newer ePMP 802.11ac based products.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for your information sir.

@Fedor wrote:

Hi Mahadi,

For ePMP 802.11n based products scanning is not possible when they are connected to the AP.

They have only one radio and don't have second dedicated radio for scanning and spectrum analysis, like newer ePMP 802.11ac based products.

Thank you.