SM to SM Bandwidh

I just installed a Cyclone system with the Motorola SM’s. I am still waiting on BAM software to regulat bandwidth. In the meantime, my system works great. I can get the full amount of the backhaul I have attached to my AP. Bandwidth between SM’s is bad however… only about 256k at best. Is there a setting inside my Cyclone system or inside the SM itself? Is this regulated thru the BAM? Any help would be appreciated.

I didn’t think one sm could talk to another sm on a canopy system

Well, I am talking about End User to End User. In fact, it extends beyond that. It actually, after further testing, is the sendout [upload] speed that is bad. My EU’s can download at full bandwidth, but are only sending out at around 256. Is there a setting built in to the SM or AP, or is this opened up with BAM?

Look in your SM setup and note the percent downlink. I think default is 75%. That limits your ability to uplink. The other thing I have found that kills uplink percentage is interferrence at the ap. Paging nearby is a problem at 929-931 even at 906 on the canopy. Your ap receiver may be desensed and not hearing your sm very well. We have used cavity filters on the ap with some success.

Make a Link test and you will see the actual troughput in both directions. You’ll see if there is Up/Dwn problem.

I do a link test. It is never any worse than this…

Stats for LUID: 5 Test Duration: 2
Downlink RATE: 3201024 bps
Uplink RATE: 218368 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 100 Percent
Max Downlink Index: 91
Actual Downlink Index: 91
Expected Frag Count: 12504
Actual Frag Count: 13366
Uplink Efficiency: 83 Percent
Expected Frag Count: 853
Actual Frag Count: 1023

If I test bandwidth at the AP router, the speed is ok. The speed seems to be capped up and down somewhere with the wireless. I can’t figure it out.

ezensign wrote:
I do a link test. It is never any worse than this...

Stats for LUID: 5 Test Duration: 2
Downlink RATE: 3201024 bps
Uplink RATE: 218368 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 100 Percent
Max Downlink Index: 91
Actual Downlink Index: 91
Expected Frag Count: 12504
Actual Frag Count: 13366
Uplink Efficiency: 83 Percent
Expected Frag Count: 853
Actual Frag Count: 1023

If I test bandwidth at the AP router, the speed is ok. The speed seems to be capped up and down somewhere with the wireless. I can't figure it out.

These numbers are pretty decent, in my experience.

I would look at re-aligning your SM. The uplink efficiency is well below expected levels.