SM usable bandwidth

I have an question regarding bandwidth. The radio link tests shows the following:

Stats for LUID: 10 Test Duration: 5
Downlink RATE: 3639705 bps
Uplink RATE: 843878 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 99 Percent
Max Downlink Index: 100
Actual Downlink Index: 99
Expected Frag Count: 35544
Actual Frag Count: 35841
Uplink Efficiency: 100 Percent
Expected Frag Count: 8241
Actual Frag Count: 8241

but I do not get near that. Downloads top off anywhere from 2-2.5 mbps. The defaults in the radio are set to the maximum and we have disabled bam for testing purposes, which has made no difference in the max download speed. The AP has next to no traffic on it. Has anyone seen this before. Everything works well, just the speed is less than the radio link tests says it can provide. I’m testing to a server on my local network, which can easily supply bandwidth faster than 2mbps as it does to computers plugged into the same switch locally.

Thanks

Remember that Canopy will give you a better performance when you test it with at least 2 SMs (with just one SM the frame is under-utilised).

are you just testing internet speeds, or actual throughput between two pieces of equipment? There is some overhead on wireless that might be causing this. I have never seen anymore than 3Mps on canopy, but thats just me.

there are 14 SMs connected to the AP. I was testing a FTP download from a computer on my wireless network to my FTP server. The wireless network and server network can talk to each other without having to touch the internet. When I connect my test PC to the switch at the tower, so I’m just using BH radios vs AP/SM I can get a download of at least 400kbps. When using the AP/SM config I get slightly better than half that.