SM will not sync/register after power blink

Hello all-
Just completed an install - worked great. Was browsing web pages when the power blinked at the customers house. Everything went dead for 2 or 3 seconds, then power was restored.

Now the SM sees the AP in the AP Evaluation page, but never tries to register/sync or anything. Just says it is scanning all the time.

I have a great link, and it was working wonderfully before the power blink. I have replaced the power supply so far, with no change.

This SM is close in to the tower so it sees more than one AP, but it will not sync/register with any of them.

Any suggestions?

replace the SM

Yes, I will do that eventually. I was just curious if there was another solution to this, besides replacing SM.

Thank you,

Jakkwb

I just logged in to the AP and this problem SM is now registered and working. I hope it doesn’t do this every time the power fluctuates.

It only took about 3 hours for it register!

I have had a few SM’s that would not register or would take a very ling time to register. It’s a problem with the SM.

Make sure all APs in that cluster have the same encryption settings. Also try turning Encryption off.

We have had at least 8 SM units so far do the same thing 3 weeks after updating to ver 8.2.2 different towers and access points. All AP running ver 8.2.2 These are all 2460SMDD units with FPGA ver 091807 and canopy boot 1.0. They just go away at odd times and loose all calibration data. I have had 2 of them turn themselves into BH20 units. The ones that became 2460 BH20 would not talk to each other either. Too bad.

its been pretty strange. AP and all connected SMs running 8.1.5.1

The problem SM is doing fine (right now):

Session Timeout: 0, AirDelay 15 (approximately 0.42 miles (2205 feet))
Session Count: 51, Reg Count 31, Re-Reg Count 47
RSSI (Avg/Last): 1566/1571 Jitter (Avg/Last): 3/3 Power Level (Avg/Last): -66/-66

Go figure.