SM's re-associating

I have an SM that has power 64 and jitter stays below 6 that keeps re-associating. It is 1400 ft from the AP. It is also looking through a grove of pine trees 50’ thick. Radio is integrated 900mhz. I have locked it into 1x mode. I don’t see any error packets although perhaps I am misreading? I am relatively new to canopy.

Switching gears, I also use Mikrotik hand rolled radios with routerOS. On those radios if I have one that is ‘re-associating’ one trick I can do is turn down the wireless speed the radio syncs at. IE from 54mbs to 48mbs, 11mbs etc. (This does not affect the customer’s bandwidth. The mikrotik uses b/g/n cards in the frequency of choice hence the 54/48 etc) Lowering the speed of the cards in the radios often solves the issue. Is there a way in motorola canopy that I can do something similar?

For example the link says it is capable of 3mb then radios themselves are half duplex so that’s 1.5mb right theoretical right? So if I have a customer at 768k can I limit the sync speed (not the bandwidth) to a quality only capable of up to 768k rather than let it always link at the max, 3mb or so. (Kind of like getting a better SNR margin on a dsl line. Lower speed, higher snr at long distance etc.)

In summary, Can I limit link capacity? Thoughts?

Here is the BER results

BER 4-Level
Number of bits received : 1894724608
Number of Primary bit errors : 18831668
Number of Secondary bit errors : 97472455
Measured Primary Bit Error Rate : 9.939000e-03
Measured Secondary Bit Error Rate : 5.144413e-02
Measured Total Bit Error Rate : 6.138313e-02

Can someone translate for me? have radios that are solid with a BER of 4 or so. This one with 6 just won’t hold.

jamesy wrote:
So if I have a customer at 768k can I limit the sync speed (not the bandwidth) to a quality only capable of up to 768k rather than let it always link at the max, 3mb or so. (Kind of like getting a better SNR margin on a dsl line.

Unfortunately you cannot. Re-reg's are a good sign of interference. What does the noise floor look like? Keep in mind that Canopy 900 uses 3 non-overlapping channels (906/915/924) so make sure that you're using one. Sync is also your best friend.

You could either raise the SM as high as possible or switch to a connectorized SM w/ 14 or 17dBi KPP yagi.

The AP this is associated to is on 924. Our other in the area are 906 and 915. I could move the unit higher. Perhaps Fresnel zone.

The one is registered at 64 with a jitter of 2-6 usually. Noise floor is about what 85 or so with an integrated?

As to height this one is under an eave 1.5 stories off the ground. I could go to the roof with it but with the numbers above I didn’t see the need. You think that might make the difference?

Probably multipath from the reflection off the eave or other nearby boundary.