SM's rescanning all at once?

Chas,
Wow, this is really turning ouot to be a nightmare for you.

I could help you better if I had the following info:

- 1. How many AP’s you have
- 2. CC of Each SM
- 3. Direction each CC is pointed
- 4. Frequency of each CC
- 5. Elevation of the cluster
- 6. Distance to nearest customer - clear LOS, and non clear LOS
- 7. Distance to furthest customer - clear LOS, and non clear LOS
- 8. Antenna on AP’s (or are they integrated?)

I really, really think you need to get a baseline analysis of the RF spectrum you are operating in. Assuming that you have access to the CMM directly and are not on an SM, the quickest way is to get some useful info is:

- 1. Set each SM’s power output so that the signal level at the AP sessions page is below -65
- 2. Turn off all AP’s frequency output (select none, then apply) to turn off
- 3. Do a spectrum analysis on each AP to get a baseline. Since you know that you turned down the power on all of the SM’s to below -65, you know that any frequency above -65 is likeley to be outside interference.
- 4. Get screenshots of all of the AP’s analysis pages for future reference.

With this data you can determine if you need to move your AP’s to different frequencies.

You mentioned that you tilted the AP’s up. This increases the AP’s view of the horizon and allows it to see more RF noise. It may be when your were downtiled the AP was not able to see as much noise.

If you want, PM me with instructions to remote access your network so I can look at the AP’s config screens. I will not make any changes, only recommendations.

:smiley: See I told you Jerry could help!

We try.

BTW this is true for any frequency AP, not just 900.

Check your PM’s Jerry and thanks a MILLION.

I realize this went to privite talk but I sure would like to know the cure

The only thing I noticed was that the Control Slots varied from AP to AP. After changing the slots so they all matched all but 1 AP is running correctly.

I think that is due to outside interference as it’s on 906 which gets stepped on alot.