Software Release 13.4 is now available

A Big "Thank You" goes out to all of our active 13.4 Beta Users!

Software Release 13.4 is now available. 

The release includes the following new features: 

• Frame Utilization Statistics – Helps determine how full the RF frame is, and when you might need to add capacity to the network
  • RADIUS Change of Authorization – Enables RADIUS users to update and control configuration and provisioning parameters on a timed basis
  • RADIUS VSA for Zero Touch Configuration – Allows another method (in addition to DHCP Option 66) to deliver the configuration file to the SM automatically
  • Microsoft Server RADIUS support – In addition to many other RADIUS servers, now official support for MS RADIUS

Performance Enhancements 

• Link Test Enhancements – Extrapolated link test gives an indication of link performance without service interruption, Time stamp to indicate last time Link Test was run, new OIDs to run link test on the SM – Enhancements will allow users better performance monitoring of link performance
  • Security Banner – Add customizable banner to GUI to notify users of security measures
  • Numerous bug fixes
2 Likes

For a compatibility reason I have my 450AP and 450SM's upgraded to 13.4. Is it normal, that it takes the SM ~15 minutes to register when all the freq's (5.4&5.7) are checked as well as the channel bw (5/10/20 MHz)?

I am asking, because I have 3 SM's which suffered power loss and since then, it takes them 15 minutes to register back to an AP when on default setting. If I take my SM, put it to default and then reboot, I am back registered to the same AP in about 2:25 minutes.
FW is always 13.4, region/country Other/Other.
I have an evidence, that this behavior was on older FW's as well. What's wrong?

I'm not finding much in the way of documentation about the new config file feature.  I've tried messing around with the file to change settings or upload a sparse file with just a few settings in it to make changes which was how I was understanding it would work from what was explained to me. 

This feature doesn't seem to work very well though.  Just off the first try of it, it doesn't back up and import color code settings for example.  And I've had no luck actually getting it to accept a file with just a few settings in it.

Is there any docmentation about this I'm overlooking?

@RK wrote:

I'm not finding much in the way of documentation about the new config file feature.  I've tried messing around with the file to change settings or upload a sparse file with just a few settings in it to make changes which was how I was understanding it would work from what was explained to me. 

This feature doesn't seem to work very well though.  Just off the first try of it, it doesn't back up and import color code settings for example.  And I've had no luck actually getting it to accept a file with just a few settings in it.

Is there any docmentation about this I'm overlooking?

Hi, 

The configuration file feature is talked about here: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-Getting-Started/PMP-13-3-Configuration-export-and-import-feature-brief/m-p/37190#U37190

Zero Touch configuration is talked about here: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-Getting-Started/PMP-13-3-Zero-Touch-Configuration-Using-DHCP-Option-66-feature/m-p/37823/highlight/true#M28

Let us know if you have questions. 

Thanks,

Sriram

That's a bit more helpful than what was in the release notes, thanks.

It seems though like I may have found a bug.  In all my tests so far dowloading the config file from the settings page on a fully configured SM, the color codes table does not have the correct codes my SM has.  It sets them all to zero in the config file and upon resetting the radio to defaults and restoring the config, codes are not restored.

I spent some more time with the config file and the problem with the color codes is two fold.

First it refuses to export anything but the "Color Code 1" field, which gets exported to the first entry in the config file.   It generates 9 skeleton entries along with this of 0 with priority 0 no matter what codes are entered in the Additional Color Codes table.

There seems to be no provision for importing more than 10 color codes with the config file, or backing up more than the "Color Code 1" field in an export.

Adding codes manually up to a maximum of 10 in the config file will work, and import them.  However, the first field cannot be anything but a priority of 1 or the file fails to import.  Presumably because this is tied to "Color Code 1" which can only be primary.

Adding more entries beyond the 9 generated skeleton entries in an exported file will also fail to import.  However, through the web GUI the color codes table functions properly up to a maximum of 19 additional codes plus "color code 1" as indicated in the documentation.

This unfortunately makes the config file functionality of no real use to me at this point, without the ability to properly import and export color codes.