Special settings for an ap

I have my ap set to the default settings for the largest part, as we add
customers will it be required to change any of the settings, to prevent slow down or customers from dropping out?

High Priority Uplink Percentage %
Total NumUAckSlots (Range: 1–7)
UAcks Reserved High
NumDAckSlots (Range: 1–7)
DAcks Reserved High
NumCtlSlots (Range: 1–16)
NumCtlSlots Reserved High

Yes the values change according to load on the ap, hardware or software scheduling mode, high priority and so on. Example would be control slots set too low will increase latency onder high traffic conditions set too high will reduce threwput. I would suggest you read the chapter in the system manual on understanding bandwidth over and over again until you understand it and it will help you with these settings. Reading the release notes on software updates is a good idea too.

:smiley: Thanks I will do that, I was hoping to draw on someone with more experiance than me that had a formula that was tested already that works

Anyone else Have an easy forumula for when it is time to adjust these settings? if they are to low will it cause customers to drop out?

look in “RF CB Stat” under Expanded Stats of the AP. Are you getting any indiscards or outdiscards? If so, you should add a control slot.

For some context, check out this thread:
http://motorola.canopywireless.com/supp … php?p=6187

Thank you that made a large differance and didn’t slow my download by much

This is what was there would you just add one slot?

inoctects Count 45992964
inucastpkts Count 340942
Innucastpkts Count 5896
indiscards Count 0
inerrors Count 0
inunknownprotos Count 0
outoctets Count 332993861
outucastpktsCount 370252
outnucastpkts Count 50214
outdiscards Count 28
outerrors Count 0