spectrum analyzer -50dBm

Hi folks,

just want to ask your oppinion, what will you do if you try to use the spectrum analyzer at client side, and found that the noise channel is flat at around -50 dBm?

Somebody is playing with us, almost every month they are keep rotating at our cluster. but we put warm-32 dish to almost all our customer, so there is nothing they can do :lol:

Im thinking to build (rb532 +XR2) x4 + 14dBi hyperlink 90* horizontal polarization antennas at the same tower, so I can add more customer with horizontal yagi.

Any thought?

regards

mnet

NB:
I wonder why motorola dont have any “software switch” for polarization like trango does, so we can use both vertical and horizontal polarization

What would I do? I know if I posted the question on this forum I’d feel like an idiot…

At any rate to answer your question… if you turn the spectrum analyzer on the client side on you are picking up your AP at -50. Unless you power down your AP at the same time your testing it’s broadcasting…

I wouldn’t want my customers running at -32 either. It’s the old concept that you can hear someone better talking to you than yelling at you.

I wouldn’t want to try making Canopy coexist with the other MT/XR2 setup you are talking about. Canopy will eat it alive.

oh yes, I forgot to turn down the AP so maybe Im picking the AP signal :slight_smile:

And how will the existing canopy equipment will eat MT+XR2 with Horizontal polarization + 50ft vertical separation? since canopy is using vertical polarization?

Vertical to Horizontal polarization will give you about 20dB of isolation which is not enough to co-locate MT900 and Canopy 900 - both will suffer and not perform as well.

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Vertical to Horizontal polarization will give you about 20dB of isolation which is not enough to co-locate MT900 and Canopy 900 - both will suffer and not perform as well.

Is that happened to 2400 also?

I saw on dslrepots forum, someone said, it will worked, but dont forget the 20Ft vertical separation.

900 and 2400 is no problem.

Canopy 900 + MikroTik 900 might “work” but both systems will not work as well as they would running separately. Each system will pollute the RF space for the other.

Based on your experience with Canopy, why would you use any other system when none will perform as well, allow as many users per AP, and resist interference as well?

Yes, forgive my stupidity… :frowning:

Just wonder howcome MT is so popular out there…
Since one of my friend is sold 300+ MT every week, and almost 80% wisp is using MT here

Price. MT is without question an incredible value.