Spectrum Analyzer

Hi guy’s

Im looking for a spectrum analyzer and would like to know what you guys use or recommend. I need something that will scan 900mhz, 2ghz and 5ghz ranges. preferably 1 device that does all 3 spectrums.

Thanks in advance.

Just got the Aaronia 4060.

http://test1.contenttest.net/Spectran40 … r_en.shtml

Have not had much time to work with it, but it tells me what I need to know.

Jerry, did you order it directly from this website? How much if you don’t mind me asking?

LOL Jerry that is the one i priced out already.

Does anyone use anything else so i can compare?

Would be great to have something like that which will allow you to immediately tell whether a location is serviceable with our Canopy network without having to take up a laptop and do a site survey with a modem and dish…

Ordered it direct.

799 Euros = 1187US + 50 shipping

Still better than trying to get it here in the US where it was something like 3500.

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Ordered it direct.

799 Euros = 1187US + 50 shipping

Still better than trying to get it here in the US where it was something like 3500.

Was that the 4060 or the 6060 you picked up?

How do you like it, is it easy to use?
  1. Have not had much time with it, but it was pretty easy to use.

Thats a nice looking tool. It even calculates exposure limits! Wow, thats not too shabby. I was looking into a tool to calculate exposure limits the other day for some jobs and they are speeeennnnddddyyyy.

amd phreak wrote:
Thats a nice looking tool. It even calculates exposure limits! Wow, thats not too shabby. I was looking into a tool to calculate exposure limits the other day for some jobs and they are speeeennnnddddyyyy.

You can purchase direct from the manufacturer on ebay.

The top of the line unit (6080) is $1500 USD with free shipping.

6080 on Ebay

Happen to have a link for the ebay store?

So that everyone is aware, it’s NOT a replacement for something like an Anritsu or other professional grade device.

Since I don;t have RF goggles, this at least lets me look at relative levels and get an idea of what is going on.

pcpolo wrote:
Happen to have a link for the ebay store?

It's in the message, click on the text "6080 on Ebay" it will take you right to the ebay listing.

AAAAhhhhhhhh…got it. Thanks.

Jerry Richardson wrote:
So that everyone is aware, it's NOT a replacement for something like an Anritsu or other professional grade device.

Since I don;t have RF goggles, this at least lets me look at relative levels and get an idea of what is going on.

I'll agree. We use the Bumblebee and it does what it is supposed to. We use the Anritsu where possible or the Agilent tools.

I would agree, I have an Aritsu and the 6080 that I tested is a useless toy compare to it.

Now the analyzer that the canopy have are good.
The 6080 I test must be broken or something, because I can’t see nothing when signal are less than -80dB.

The Anritu S332B is a must have unit if you do more than ISM bands.