Splash page does not show on smartphones

Hi
I configured guest access in cnmaestro.
On laptops, the splash page shows but on smartphones, the splash page does not show. The client instead connects directly
How do I solve that

Hi Timothy,

Could you please share the following information to proceed further,

1. Have you configured guest access in On Prem cnMaestro or Cloud?
  2. If you are using cloud then please invite raja.muniyandy@cambiumnetworks.com as super admin.
  3. If you are using On-Prem, which version you are using and is it possible to provide remote access?
  4. Are you seeing issue in IOS devices or any specific smartphones or on all the devices?
  5. Are you using the same WLAN profile on both Laptops and Smartphones?
  6. Are you using any Association ACL?

Thanks
Raja M

1. On Cloud
  1. Done
  1. Currently using android only
  1. Yes
  1. No
1 Like

Hi Timothy,

1. Which AP group, WLAN and guest portal are you using?
  2. Are you able to see splash page if you try to open any http site manually?

Thanks

Guest access portal is Pentagon

No. Site is unreachable

Hi Timo,

1. When we have created local VLAN (i.e 2), NAT should not be enabled for VLAN 1.
  2. When we have local VLAN 2 and NAT enabled, we don’t have to configure default Gateway, Domain name and DNS Server details.
  3. When we have NAT enabled for local VLAN 2, in DHCP also we don’t have to configure DNS and Domain name.

I have verified with my client and AP, it works fine. Could you please check once and confirm?

Thanks
Raja M

1 Like

Ok, thanks @Raja_Muniyandy
I will reconfigure considering those points.

BTW I had this issue on cnmaestro onpremise also. And I was worried because we have a client who is giving us 110 sites which he wants to manage using cnmaestro onpremise. So was worried that this might be a general problem

Hi Timo,

I have configured your AP group, you can follow the same.

Thanks
Raja M

1 Like

Hello @Raja_Muniyandy
I think the problem has not yet gone away
Processing: 20211008_201253.mp4…
Phone connects to wifi without going through authentication splash page

Computer requires an authentication first

Hi Timo,

I could see only A0-XX-XX-F5-5B-D6(Hope this is PC’s MAC) client MAC address under client login events of guest access portal. Is it possible to get AP’s tech-support.

There is a high chance that Android device would associate with different SSID which does not have guest portal enabled.

(OR)

Android might not do auto pop up for splash page, how ever can you please open browser manually and try to open any HTTP site.

Thanks
Raja M

I will get it

I don’t think so

I opened google.com but it went straight to th÷ site. The Android device doesn’t even appear in the session logs

Hi Timo,

MAC Randomization is enabled in Android device?

Thanks
Raja M