sync issues

I have a PMP450 intergrated SM that keeps losing sync. It is connected to an AP (PMP450i) which is co-located on tower with 3 others of the same type, along with 2 ePMP2000's. AP is set for 12 miles and SM is at 6 miles. My question is what is max range i can expect the sync to work.

I am a little confused by the statement "PMP450 integrated SM that keeps losing sync". What do you mean by this? The SM is dropping session?

Have you followed the guidelines for colocation of ePMP and 450 systems? There is a guide available here.

The first thing to check is that your 450 system is on 5ms frames.

The unit will be up an running and out the blue it will drop from AP, reboot and re-connect. Just one doing it not SM are doing this. I will look at the suggested co-locate tool and see if we are doing this.

Have you used Link Planner tool? https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/products/software/linkplanner/

There you can input in the info about your AP and SM locations, frequency, etc, and and get some ideas on the expected results of the link. 

For a SM to stay in session with an AP it must be able to keep MIMO-A 1X (QPSK) data going. So if there is interference it has to be at least 12 dB over the interference as well.

6 miles may be a bit of a stretch for a PMP450 integrated SM to maintain session over, especially with real world interference. You can look into a PMP450b high gain, PMP450i, or a connectorized unit with an external dish if you need more gain to maintain a more stable and consistent connection.

@blah wrote:

The unit will be up an running and out the blue it will drop from AP, reboot and re-connect. Just one doing it not SM are doing this. I will look at the suggested co-locate tool and see if we are doing this.

Drop session AND reboot?
Check SM's logs what is causing reboot. What signal do you have on this SM?