System Reset Exception -- Restarted by CaOs

On the other forum posts I found on this topic, everyone was told to provide the engineering.cgi.  I have attached it.

I have a 450 radio that is rebooting with the error "System Reset Exception -- Restarted by CaOs"

I saw that message in an AP when we had a loop in our net

Tuvix, can you be more precise?

I do not remember exactly but once we hooked a cable into a wrong port of a switch that provided connectivity to 4 AP cambium and, having not activated the STP protocol, a network loop was formed. An AP restarted with that error. Perhaps CaOS appears when the memory of the Cambium ends.

Also, the radio is on-boarded to an onsite implementation of cnMaestro "Version 1.4.0-r11"

The root cause of this issue is identified and fix is availble in 15.1.1 ( which will be released soon). In mean if this is affecting your service too much you can disable Remote management (configuration ->cnMaestro)

1 Like

15.1.1 will make things more stable with cnMaestro... expect to release this officially within days.

Hopefuly it's not too much to expect the various "SORTING DEFICIENCIES" to be corrected.

Also with this  release (15.1.1 b5), the Tools/Link Status - Downlink Statistics/Link Test Efficiency always displays as 0% when a test is run at the SM.  Uplink is ok.

Thanks, I will try that when it comes out.  It does not seem too bad for now

I am running 16.0.1 and this is still an issue.  System Reset Exception -- Restarted by CaOs  I have several pmp450i 900Mhz AP's doing this.  I can't find a definitive answer as to why this is occuring or what causes it.  

The CaOs restarts are fixed in the 16.1 release.   The fix was introduced in 16.1 (Beta1) and is in the following beta releases.   The production release of 16.1 will be soon.

Dave

1 Like

Yeah I've run into this same issue on 16.0.1.

It's a bit disappointing that a fix was avaliable on May 15 (16.1 BETA1), but is still unavalible on a proper production ready release (2 months later). It would have been nice to see a 16.0.2 released in May with this fix included.

If you contact Cambium with their ticket process you may find they will offer what I am guessing would be an unofficially supported build that includes the fix.  I am considering doing the same as I have a few access points that are exhibiting similar entries in their logs but most are fine.  For me the ones I'm seeing probelms with right now are board model C050045A002A and C050045A006B units.

@hammer185 wrote:

If you contact Cambium with their ticket process you may find they will offer what I am guessing would be an unofficially supported build that includes the fix.  I am considering doing the same as I have a few access points that are exhibiting similar entries in their logs but most are fine.  For me the ones I'm seeing probelms with right now are board model C050045A002A and C050045A006B units.

loganmc10 and hammer185,

I understand what you're saying. We are currently focusing on software release 16.1, which we hope to be out soon. After that release is wrapped up, we are considering a 16.0.1.1 to address this issue and a few others that have come up. We hope that 16.0.1.1 would be released official a week or so after 16.1, if everything goes OK.

If you are interested in beta testing 16.0.1.1 we would be grateful for that. You can contact Cambium_DaveS and he can get it to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Charlie

If Cambium gets to the point, assuming they are not there yet, where they can have a programming team focusing on fixing known issues with releases such as what might become 16.0.1.1 from 16.0.1 and another one working on new stuff even if there is overlap between the teams that would be what I would push for.  For now without understanding exactly what Cambium would mean by using the phrase "beta" I don't think I could be a beta tester but if I had more customers and could justify more employees I might be able to do so in the future.  Maybe some of the larger Cambium operators could assist on this.

I am runnung 16.0.1 and still have the same issue.

@lindapei wrote:

I am runnung 16.0.1 and still have the same issue.

linkdapei, Sorry for the inconvenience. See above, this is a known open issue with 16.0.1. That will be fixed in 16.0.1.1 in the future, or the current 16.1 beta build. 

Can confirm for anyone still having this issue, upgrading to 16.1 resolved the "System Reset Exception -- Restarted by CaOs" issue. I had an AP that was seeing this error every 12hrs or so on 16.0.1. Haven't seen it again over the course of a week after upgrading....

I am getting the issue with 22.0.2

Hey knorman! Welcome to the Cambium forums!

Please try updating to R22.1.1 and if the issue persists, open a support ticket.

2 Likes