TDD PTP-SYNC CONFIGURATION

Hi,

Is there any specific settings for the SLAVE radio when TDD PTP-Sync is enabled on the MASTER Cluster/Slave radio?

BR,

GDLC

Hi Gerry,

I fear we've made this more confusing than strictly necessary.

Every PTP 650/670/700 link has a TDD Master at one end and a TDD Slave at the other end.

At a TDD Slave, we always need to set the TDD frame parameters (Max Burst Duration, TDD Frame Duration, Slave Receive to Transmit Gap). These parameters must match the configuration on the TDD Master that you would like to connect to. If these parameters do not match at the two ends of the link, the wireless link will not establish.

Is this what you were thinking about?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, thank you. Just need to make sure of this as link has already been running for a while now and we do not need to play around anymore.

More power!

Gerry

Hi Mark,

Sorry just need to verify this scenario as well.  I have 13 links of PTP650 sharing a single tower and is requiring to implement synchronization. I read, PTP-sync will only support 10 master ODU in a cluster, thus am planning to set this as 2-clusters having 7 and 6 ODU MASTER per cluster.

My question is, when planning this with LPlanner, should it be in a per cluster basis or as a whole (13)?

BR,

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

The PTP SYNC unit passes the 1 Hz reference (one pulse per second) to the next PTP SYNC in the chain. There is inevitably a small delay and some minimal distortion of the pulse. We set a somewhat arbitrary limit of a chain of 10 units. There are no guarantees, but if you're feeling lucky, you might want to extend the chain to 13 and save the cost of a second GPS receiver.

Whether or not you decide to take a chance with a single GPS receiver, you should plan all links together in LINKPlanner.

A total of 13 links on one tower is quite a big installation. TDD synchronization simplifies collocation of units on a mast, but it does not completely remove the need for frequency planning. Please check my comments here: PTP 650 Sync examples

Mark

1 Like