Telnet to NATed SM via AP

I have a situation where a couple of SMs reboot once the web page is accessed. These radios have NAT turned on and therefore I can’t access the remotely - trying to access the web pages via the LUID also causes the SMs to reboot.

My question - is there a way to telnet into the AP and then into the SM via the LUID? I thought someone had discussed this before but I couldn’t find anything on it.

Thanks.

Aaron

I might be missing something here…

even if you are NAT enabled you should be able to telnet into the RF public address (make sure you have interface enabled)

you can telnet into the AP and then use the 192.168.101.(LUID) address

if you already know this, disregard.

an sm running nat will have 4 different network setups:

A. rf management ip address. this will the same type of ip address you have always used. you need to enable public if you want to get to it from the ap side of the link. the public/private setting does not relate to the nat ip settings.

B. nat wan ip. this will be the ip assigned to the customer assuming dhcp client is disabled (same as static ip in a dsl router).

C. nat private network ip. this will be the ips assigned to the customer machines assuming dhcp server is enabled.

D. the rf private ip assigned to the sm by the ap as described by vj. for example if you need to get to luid 12 you can telnet to the ip of the ap (luid 1) and then telnet to 192.168.101.13 (luid 12).

hope this helps.

D. the rf private ip assigned to the sm by the ap as described by vj. for example if you need to get to luid 12 you can telnet to the ip of the ap (luid 1) and then telnet to 192.168.101.13 (luid 12).

That's exactly what I was looking for! :D In one particular case, I'm trying to get to LUID 16 - telnet to the AP, then telnet to 192.168.101.17 (subnet left at defaults for private RF interfaces)... I still can't get in. :? Oh well, have to send my installer out to the sites.

Thanks Jerry.

Aaron