Temperature out of range

Hello,

I have one PMP100 900mhz SM on latest FW. Temperature out of range counter steadily climbs. This radio re-regs every 15 to 20 minutes or so.

Pretty obvious, but, is this radio getting overly hot inside? The counter has been over 50,000.

Should I just replace it?

Thank you.

Hi,

May I know the current temperature of the radio? You can see this info on the Home page >>>General Status. 

Please provide us with the CNUT capture file or Engineering log file from this radio for analysis.

May I know how this radio deployed? I mean, do you have anything covering this radio to avoid the Sun? or nothing covered and it that open to the Sun-light?

Regards,

Vijay Gnanamurtthi

Well, its night here now. Temp is 90 °C / 194 °F. I said this was a 900mhz SM, but its instead a 5.7ghz P9 SM. No, its on a tripod on a roof. No cover, have never needed to do so so far...Yes, it is open to sunlight. I have never had this problem before.

That is a bit hot I guess. Other SMs are in the mid 50s to 60c...

Temperature, power level and other things on the P9 board will be highly inaccurate if the calibration data is wrong. Registration/session problems can be one of the symptoms.

I would go swap it out. Then open a Cambium support request and ask for the calibration data for that SM's ESN. Boot it up with a default plug inserted. That should give you the Configuration > Radio Calibration page.