The Dude 2.0 Beta

Mikrotik finally added SNMPv2c to the dude. Check it out and best of all it’s FREE.http://www.mikrotik.com/thedude.php

I have major issues in co locating MKTIC with canopy… TIK looses its through put…

I don’t have any co located. It seems like more and more businesses around town are giving away free 802.11 it’s not worth putting up hotspots for our business, but i dont mind selling them one and installing it. I just like the program and the idea of it being free.

I was referring to the Mikrotik BH’s

never used it for that. Just router and a couple Hotspots at RV parks. What is the issue?

well set it up in the office get great through put (it operates between 5.0 to 5.8GHz) We have it running on 5.4.

Place it on a pop with 5.7 Canopy and it dies… apparently others are experiencing similar problems, and its due to some CDMA algorithm they use, which when it detects other stuff, will back off for a random period before trying… works well when you have other CDMA kit playing by the same rules…

but the BIG BAD WOLF canopy doesn’t care and it continues to talk leaving the TIK to wait indefinately or with very little throughput… I’m not too fussed as I happy with Canopy being to hold its own…