The running Transmitter Output Power value is not same the configured value

Dear everyone

I confiigured the value Transmitter Output Power as 30 dBm, but after I rebooted device, then the device display the value as 17 dBm. Refer to the attached file. 

Why is it ? Can everyone help me ? 

Thank you everyone.

@vantienphap wrote:

Dear everyone

I confiigured the value Transmitter Output Power as 30 dBm, but after I rebooted device, then the device display the value as 17 dBm. Refer to the attached file. 

Why is it ? Can everyone help me ? 

Thank you everyone.

Hi,

The 30dBm is actually supported in lower modulations and the radio will reach that higher level of power as it goes through different MCS states. Basically, its the max power it wiil achieve based on link conditions.

Sakid

"Transmitter Output Power has been reduced to 17 dbm to comply with regulatory limits."

Hi.  I'd guess that based on the Country you selected (Veitnam) and the antenna (13dBi) and the channel and the width (40Mhz) and all those settings - the maximum output power allowed with all those settings is 17dBm.  So, it's ''Power has been reduced to comply with regulatory limits", which means that 17dBm is the max allowed where you are, taking all the other settings into account.  It's possible that a different channel, different width, different antenna, etc, etc, etc and the output power could be higher or lower, depending on the local regulations.. :)

Dear ninedd

According to User Guide, in Viet Nam Country, the power is allowed as 30 dBm. 

You can refer to attached file.

Dear Sakid Ahmed,

What link conditions  does it depend on, here ?