this one blows my mind

Check this one out…

I have an AP, you point an SM to it, you connect to the SM in its default mode, select the frequency and reboot… .when it comes back you loose ethernet connectivity to the SM

I log into the AP and switch the freq to NONE,
voila… my laptop gains connectivity to the SM… wait 5 minutes, get the office to switch the freq on the AP and reboot it, when AP comes back the SM looses etherenet connectivity to my laptop…

I have done this 4/5 times, using 3 different SM’s… I am still not convinced the above is correct… need to look into it further… I know it sounds stupid and I feel stupid writing this… but so far that is what I think…

Is the AP and SM on the same IP address?

Wow. You said you have tried 3 or 4 different SM’s? I would try to reflash the firmware to the AP and see if that makes a difference.

I have had this problem, on a couple of sm’s. well, they were in service for over a year. after the upgrade to advantage they went to crap. The sm’s would stay registered great link test. connect a computer try and pass data the radio would drop off the ap would not reconnect until pwr cycle’d.

I had to replace them. these three I had by the way were P-8’s we had converted to advantage. 3 out of 150 isn’t to bad.

its not an IP conflict…

this pop is a remote setup…
we had an AP on it and then decided we needed another AP so we put in a packet flux to syn everything up… and then this started happeneing…

I will be paying a visit tomorrow and doing a forensic on it… I don’t think its a case of faulty canopy kit… (packet flux maybe or something else)

problem resolved…

timing… the packet flux was the culprit…

took it out and used a timing cable of the remote SM being used as a BH and it all started working…

when using the packet flux the AP’s were showing to be receiving the sync…