This SM's Cambium ID does not match the Cambium ID of the AP it is connected to.

We are getting the following error on two 450i 900mhz SMs we recently installed. These were used units we bought. We have factory defaulted the units but still have the error and can not onboard them.

This SM's Cambium ID does not match the Cambium ID of the AP it is connected to.

I have forwarded this to the support and development teams.

Ray,

I have not heard from anyone in regards to this issue. Can you give me an update or ask one of the people involved to reach out to us?

Thanks,

@Brandon Yuchasz wrote:

Ray,

I have not heard from anyone in regards to this issue. Can you give me an update or ask one of the people involved to reach out to us?

Thanks,

Did you create a support ticket here? That's the first step.

We have not opened a support ticket on them as of yet since they are in the field and customers are using them. I wanted to avoid a truck role to troubleshoot. Was hoping someone would have run into this. There is only one other reference we can find to it and the thread doesn't have any resolution.

we may just pull them down and replace them at this point.

Note: this will not work if you are using cloud based cnMaestro. You will have to get Cambium to release the radio from the old account, good luck!

We were playing with one of the first on-prem versions of cnMaestro. Since we couldnt get the functions we needed at the time, we dropped the vm and defaulted the radios.
Come last year when we installed cnMaestro 2.2.1 and we used a different ID for onboarding. Found that the radios retained the old ID and would not onboard to the new system.
I got around it by downloading the config file, editing it to use the new ID and server address then factoried the radios and pushed the correct config back into the radio. Once that was done we upgraded to 3.5.6 and rebooted. So far it works and we have successfully managed to get all radios to onboard.

Doug,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to the post. It was helpful. unfortunatly we are using the web based cnMaestro so we aren't able to use your method to fix this issue but atleast I now know its an issue with the 450i platform and cnMaestro and not something we did specificly. The vender is willing to take them back so we are just going to return them at this point. Thanks again for taking the time.