Time outs, SM dropping during cold weather

I am starting to have a problem with time outs and AP dropping SM when the temp is 35 degrees out and seems to get worse as the temp drops. One of my 900 60 degrees sectors is badly being affected by it. Also I am seeing this problem system wide and sporadically. I am having a very hard time pin pointing what the actual problem is or device that is causing it.

I am running every thing to moto’s specs for sync, RF and network design.
for interference for the most part it is just me broadcasting, the floor noise is very low like -88 or lower, I do have some state and county but I am away from their channels, tower separation for the towers rang from 3 to over 6 mile apart.

Hope that give you enough back ground to help shine some light on this problem

Are you running Prizm?

Yes
Prizm 3.0

skioski wrote:
the floor noise is very low like -88 or lower, I do have some state and county but I am away from their channels, tower separation for the towers rang from 3 to over 6 mile apart.

Unsure as to what your issue is caused by but keep in mind that the receiver sensitivity is -85.....

Have you tryed a reboot and restart of Prizm?

Hey!

Are the sectorized antenna connections sealed with some kind of . . . um, you know, ‘goop’ to make them watertight?

The integrated antennas?

I dont think they are. IIRC it is just pop rivited together. Are you thinking the antennas are filled with water?

Is ice building up on the AP?

Yeah;

I was just thinking, since the problem happens right around freezing, maybe some trace bit of moisture has gotten into the connector. We seal all our connectorized antennas with this stuff that’s like little sheets of thin tar (we call it goop, but I doubt that’s a brand name) then wrap the ‘gooped’ connection in some kind of tape to keep the goop from going anywhere (not that I think it would).

A bit of a long shot, I suppose, but if the units were all dry and confirmed sealed up, that would take it out of the equation as a possibility . . .

This is a new one for me. I had enough ice hanging off of my drop loop to pull the cat5 cable out of the AP.