Tips on how to increase ePMP reliability

Thanks, I was under the impression that the 4G interference was only a thing when very close to 4G, like on the same tower or towers right next to each other… so good to know that may not be the case.

Thank you.

I think the answer is always a big “It Depends”

Other sites of ours are way closer to cell towers and don’t have GPS issues so it may come down to lots of factors like our path in line with their sectors, their power levels, hardware vendors, etc. All I know is this particular site, we’re at 300 feet and since the AWS upgrade, we tracked 0 satellites most of the time with our 1k and pucks. Even upgrading to 3k with no antenna, there would struggle to have 0-5 satellites. Putting the new pucks in with better filtering helped us track 20+ sats with great SNR. It seems to do the trick for us here.

3 Likes

The new square pucks with at least 4.5.0 firmware make great ptp links, jury is still out on how well the new 4.6rc35 is as are still waiting for it to break in production. You can get the new pucks through MBSI Wave in Medicine Hat, AB. Tell them I sent you and they will get you the correct puck.

If you are looking to reduce stock, PM me and we can negotiate.