Nations and regions may regulate transmitter output power. For example:
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz modules are available as connectorized radios, which require the operator to adjust power to ensure regulatory compliance.
The professional installer of the equipment has the responsibility to
- maintain awareness of applicable regulations.
- calculate the permissible transmitter output power for the module.
- confirm that the initial power setting is compliant with national or regional regulations
- confirm that the power setting is compliant following any reset of the module to factory defaults.