triple play

we are starting to see alot of telco’s doing the triple play dsl/telphone/cable all in one service.

is there anything out there that we could do wireless to provide wireless television besides satellite ?

i already know what to do about the headend i just need to know if there is anything we can use to get it to the customers house effeciently.

kmeadows
Info-Ed Inc.

We are about to roll out IPTV for DSL2 and FTTH customers. A little heavy for wireless customers yet. Each channel takes about 4 to 5 Mbps of bandwith in regular def. IF you have a DVR or more than one tuner at a house that already means you need to have quiet a bit of bandwidth available to each customer

data and voice is not a problem, but cable tv over broadband is not really possible at the moment…

I would guess you need a full dedicated multicast type of network…

We are concentrating on VOICE for the time being… currently having latency fluctuations which don’t do the VOIP any justice, so looking through the different codecs and also the latency issue on our RF network.

so i can sell 1 channel lol

yeah… aslong as you don’t max out the pps limit…

You can lease a 40MHz satellite transponder at a cost of $80k/month and that will cover most of the US. Obviously only works with the high number of subscribers…