two phones connected to the r200 with the same account

HI,

I´m testing two phones connected to the FXS1 and FXS2 of the R200 with the same SIP account. I have detected the following behaviour:

- When I make a call from any of the phones to an outdoor line, all works perfect.

- When I make a call from an outdoor line to the phones connected to the R200, only one of the phones ring. I can see in the status that onlye one of the fxs is receiving the call.

How can I made to receive the call in both phones at the same time? It´s the typical installation for a home with two phones in different rooms.

Regards. 

Does your SIP server support call receive on both phones at the same time with single SIP account.? If not you will have to create two  SIP accounts (one per each FXS ) to receive the call in both phones at the same time. 

Does your SIP server support call receive on both phones at the same time with single SIP account.? If not you will have to create two  SIP accounts (one per each FXS ) to receive the call in both phones at the same time. 

Two possible answers - first is mentioned already, setting up two SIP accounts and telling the service to ring both.  The other is to put both phones on the same wires on the same FXS port - this will work JUST like the old familiar 'every phone in the house rings at once' scenario, but only permits one call at a time.  

When we deploy an ATA for customer VOIP we typically disconnect the old landline feed outside at the box, then plug the ATA straight into the existing house phone wiring, so every phone jack in the building works just like it did with copper landline service in the past.

The first answer is of course more flexible, but unless YOU are the VOIP provider, it will probably cost you more for a second trunk.

What you're probably seeing happen is that an inbound call gets passed to whichever FXS most recently registered to the VOIP provider, while outbound calls will work from either (possibly both simultaneously).  The upstream end will only keep track of the IP+port information for whatever endpoint most recently registered with that account, so that is the only place it will know to send inbound calls.  (unless you set up two trunks, and a Ring Group [or whatever terminology your provider uses] with both trunks so inbound calls try to ring both)

I have NO experience with the R200, but have been doing VOIP and hand-built Asterisk PBX servers for over twelve years.  (recently we switched to using Sangoma FreePBX appliances for on-site PBX customers instead of building our own)  We ARE a VOIP provider, we have a pair of Sun servers hosting the service.  (at heart they are also running Asterisk, overlaid with proprietary control/management/billing)

j