Two ssid in E400

Hello, 

I have two ssid created in the E400, one is for the workers of the office and the other one for the clients. I would like that in the ssid of the clients when they make a scanning of the network they won´t see or won´t find the devices conected to the workers ssid. 

I tried with the option client isolation in the clients ssid but that´s not work, because that make an isolation of the devices of the clients ssid, and still finding the devices of the workers ssid.

How it is possible do it?

Thanks 

@frmm84 wrote:

Hello, 

I have two ssid created in the E400, one is for the workers of the office and the other one for the clients. I would like that in the ssid of the clients when they make a scanning of the network they won´t see or won´t find the devices conected to the workers ssid. 

I tried with the option client isolation in the clients ssid but that´s not work, because that make an isolation of the devices of the clients ssid, and still finding the devices of the workers ssid.

How it is possible do it?

Thanks 

Yes, client-isolation will prevent two clients from talking to one another, but they will still see the SSID in the network scans. Please use the 'Hide SSID' option in wlan configuration to prevent the SSID being beaconed:

Also note that setting separate passphrases with WPA2-PSK or using WPA2-Enteprise are better ways of separating the users on different networks. Keep both SSIDs beaconing, but enable security on the workers SSID.

If for some reason you do not wish to enable security on the workers SSID, you can still keep an open SSID, but use the built-in hotspot with username-password and give only the workers username/password to that network:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot-E-Series-Hotspot-E500/Internal-Guest-User-Account-on-cnPilot-E400-E500-and-ePMP-1000/m-p/67784#U67784

Thanks for your reply,

I don´t want hide the ssid, I want have visible the two ssid, but I want like separate  the two ssid in like two different networks, for example if the devices of the ssid of the clients make a  scanning of devices of the network (with any app like for example fing) they can´t see or find in that scanning the devices connected to the  ssid of  the workers , for privacity or security. Like separate the two ssid.

Thanks

@frmm84 wrote:

Thanks for your reply,

I don´t want hide the ssid, I want have visible the two ssid, but I want like separate  the two ssid in like two different networks, for example if the devices of the ssid of the clients make a  scanning of devices of the network (with any app like for example fing) they can´t see or find in that scanning the devices connected to the  ssid of  the workers , for privacity or security. Like separate the two ssid.

Thanks

got it. For this we would want to map the two SSIDs to separate VLANs. A KB article on this with example screenshots of configuration is here, please check this out:

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnPilot-E-Series-Hotspot-E500/Guest-Access-Solution-On-cnPilot-AP-Isolating-Guest-Users/m-p/67112#U67112