Unauthorized all day long

While managing our network, I routinely get this message:

"Unauthorized
You have timed out of your session, have been locked out due to too many unauthorized access attempts, or have exceeded your maximum allowed sessions.
Please press here to continue"

Is it just me, or does this bother anyone else? Can it be made so the radio simply loads the login page, but also show this message indicating you're no longer logged in?

Just trying to save one click, about 50 times per day, per user.

1 Like

I have forwarded this to our support and development team.

1 Like

@kelmore wrote:

While managing our network, I routinely get this message:

"Unauthorized
You have timed out of your session, have been locked out due to too many unauthorized access attempts, or have exceeded your maximum allowed sessions.
Please press here to continue"

Is it just me, or does this bother anyone else? Can it be made so the radio simply loads the login page, but also show this message indicating you're no longer logged in?

Just trying to save one click, about 50 times per day, per user.

LOL on the link.

kelmore, there's a couple of things about your web session timing out. First of all, I agree we should put a redirect in, would be better.

Did you know you can login right from the URL? Now it exposes your password to your bookmarks, but if you don't care about that you can add a bokmark and do:
169.254.1.1/login.cgi?CanopyUsername=admin&CanopyPassword=topSecretAdminPassword
And login from one click.

Another option is you can extend your session's timeout. Configuration -> Security -> Session Timeout -> Web, Telnet, FTP Session Timeout. To something higher if you desire.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, those may be helpful suggestions. 

We have DNS setup on our network, so often I'll just type an AP's DNS name "ap-123/" into my address bar in chrome, which then takes me to the Unauthorized page. I may not have accessed this AP for a week or so, so really there's no way a session could/would still be active.

I then have to click the link to go to the login page (I actually just noticed it does do an auto-redirect after a number of seconds, but it's too long).

It'd be nice in this instance to just go right to the login page, without seeing this intermediate screen.

Thanks for considering,

Kevin