Understanding proportional out of the box

We use radius for enforcing MIR this works fine but we would prefer that customers with lower signal get hit more than customers with good signals to incentivize our installers to ensure high modulations…

My question is if we just enable proportional on the AP side how does this work? What will happen, i set the default plan to 10/3 but we have plans over that still being sent from radius using the MIR settings…

As you can see above rate plans showing the default value from the AP, but the Sustaned datarate is showing the value from radius… so how is the schedule enforcing this kind of setup??? is it using the sustained rate or the rate plan?

We’re trying to avoid having to adjust all our packages to send additional plan informations… Also is it true from what i’m seeing theirs no way to set the lock modulation at the AP side? What happens if i want all SM’s to lock to 6x so that 8x/6x get great service but 4x/2x/1x get hit to their performance? I have to send the lock via radius to all SMs???

Not sure if this is a good answer for you:

Use a commissioning system (policy) that installers must meet minimum RF and SNR standards or the link will not be commissioned. Dumping a default vlan to the SMs is easy and once commissioned you use radius to push the correct plan and vlan to the SM.
Your default vlan could go to a walled garden to allow installers to submit commissioning requests. A simple script can make the deciding factors and if passes send an SQL update to the clients profile to link that SM to the profile and initiate the new services. This would also allow you at the NOC to make exceptions for reasons that are considered acceptable like sudden downpour during commissioning causing signal to not be as good as it would otherwise be.

I do not know if proportional would work for your use but I also do not know much about how it actually works either.

Interested in an answer to this by a Cambium employee. We also use radius for setting MIR and would prefer for lower tier plans to use less resources than the higher tier plans.

The problem with tdd multiple slot systems is that MIR just sets a cap on the bandwidth but each SM has the whole slot as assigned.
Using smaller slots would allow slot bonding, but there is only so much in 5ms.

Ya but one would think if I’m sending a MIR and I’m set to priority that cambium would just default to use that as the plan rate instead of needing to also send a plan rate.