units having problems

ok i am sure that we have all had them.

what is everyone doing about units that have problems.

swapp out and reprogram and put back into service.

any suggestions on effectively testing them?

i have several that just stop working or responding, i have upgraded them to the latest software but do i put them back into service?

comments

You could try them in a test environment to see how they work out - put them up at your house for a few days on your system (assuming your house isn’t your PoP), or find a friend willing to test them for you. I have a cardboard box in my office with 8 SMs (900 and 2.4) that have caused us problems - a few I have sent back to Motorola but I haven’t had time to confirm exactly what is wrong with these ones.

Aaron

Are they going “IDLE” ? 900 Mhz and IDLE is something I see WAY TOO MUCH!!! Moto can we work on this?

Are they going "IDLE" ? 900 Mhz and IDLE is something I see WAY TOO MUCH!!! Moto can we work on this?

The only time I see one of my SMs go IDLE with respect to the AP is when signal level/quality isn't adequate to stay registered.

Aaron

Do you have trees? What’s your longest distance? I know Moto wants you to keep the jitter below 3-4, but that just doesn’t happen where we are at. It will spike.

We have LOTS of trees. Longest link in 900 is 22.9 miles. RSSI -79 dBm, jitter of 3-7.

Aaron

What did u set your max distance to? Our longest link is 11.5 miles. I tried 20 miles, but after 20-50 re-regs just to get connected, I moved it to 30.

Range is set to 30 miles.

wireless, do you think we’ve hijacked this thread yet? haha Oops.

Aaron

YES,

tooslow, I am very sorry. This monday morning has been he!!. I’ve been on the phone with tech calls for a few hours already. Often times the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard!!!

HaHa!!

Often times the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard!!!

Too true…

Aaron

how easy it is to get off in a entirely differant direction.