Update SM via AP

This is my first round of updates with Canopy. I have updated all of the AP’s ( 2 Locations) however when I try to update a SM I get the following error

Host: AP:[172.20.10.12].LUID:[003];ESN: 0A003E90D992;Message: Unable to communicate with Network Element (Possibly Connect/Login Failure) ( SITE= Greg Stuckey )

Any help?

try giving the SM IP and update that directly.

i hope you are using CNUT tool.

I am using CNUT v2. I have tried updating directly with an IP to the SM. This is a system wide issue as I cannot update any of the 103 sm’s that we have online. I can connect to any sm via the ap as far management goes but that is all.

flyhighwireless wrote:
I am using CNUT v2. I have tried updating directly with an IP to the SM. This is a system wide issue as I cannot update any of the 103 sm's that we have online. I can connect to any sm via the ap as far management goes but that is all.

Try using Passive FTP on the Cnut Tool, and depending on the system the CNUT is running on there are no firewall rules in place preventing traffic to pass back and forth.

Are your SM’s using public IP’s? I was never able to update SM’s with a public IP (unless I rebooted the SM and updated immediately), but once we went to private IP’s for Canopy Management updates worked fine.

I never was able to get the SM’s to update via the AP. I have to enter the IP addresses of the SM’s and update that way. I just copy and past from our IP management list. I never did try the PFTP but I will on the next round.

Double check the password for the SM - don’t use the propage from parent.

I thought that once the AP’s were updated, they automatically FTPed the appropriate SM software to their connected SM’s, and the upgrade happened that way.

Is this the problem you are referring to in this thread?

I’ve done that quite a few times before and it worked well, but it’s been awhile.