Updating E2E Controller On-Premise(1.1.0-r4, 1.2.0-r#, 1.2.1-r#, 1.2.2-r#,1.2.2.1-b# and 1.2.2.1-r1) to Latest Package Version(1.2.2.1-r2)

This article explains about updating External E2E Controller On-Premise running (1.1.0-r4, 1.2.0-r#, 1.2.1-r#, 1.2.2-r#, 1.2.2.1-b# and 1.2.2.1-r1) to latest package 1.2.2.1-r2 posted on Aug 14, 2023 in Cambium Support site.

Note:

cnMaestro should be updated to 4.0.1-r3 version before upgrading External E2E Controller On-Premise.

Do I need to take action?

This article is for customers who are already running 60 GHz cnWave E2E On-Premise Controller version 1.1.0-r4 or above.

Why is this important?

Cambium team has made some critical fixes in the External E2E Controller On-Premise so user should upgrade to latest 1.2.2.1-r2 package.

What Pre-requisites I should take before?

1. Take a backup of the External Controller from cnMaestro in Network > Tools > Operations > Backup(Click on Download Button to download a backup)

2. If Current OVA version is lower than 1.1.0-r4, Please make sure to update the OVA and then Update the package following the instructions here. Current OVA version can be seen in Network > Tools > Operations > Software Update > OVA Version from cnMaestro UI

What needs to be done?

Download the latest E2E controller Software Package from the support site(tar.gz)

How long should this take?

Approximately 10-15 mins after you have downloaded the packages.

What do I need to do?

Follow the below instructions to update E2E Controller with latest Package

Applying package upgrade

Login to the existing cnMaestro and navigate to your current E2E Network > Tools > Operations > Software Update.

Under Package file, click on Select File button and choose the E2E controller On-Premises package 1.2.2.1-r2.tar.gz which is downloaded and click on Apply Update button to upgrade the E2E controller package.

User can monitor the upgrade status of the E2E controller package.

User will be notified when E2E controller package upgrade is completed.

How will I know if my upgrade is successful?

Validate your changes by verifying the version details from cnMaestro UI

Thank you for going through this document. :-)
4 Likes

Thanks for the update but it is not working at current. I do have cnMaestro Version 4.1.0 r18 running on the PC, and I am also using the 60 GHz cnWave E2E. The problem is that it is not allowing me to update the cnWave60GHz-external-e2e-package. I got the sites, nodes and links up and online but is unable to see them in the cnMaestro GUI. Please let me know if I am missing any key step(s) in the process.
Thanks
Edward

Hi @Edward_Roberts,

Can you please share the techdump of external e2e controller? If you are unable to download from cnMaestro, please collect it from cli as instructed in user guide and share with us.

Thanks
Vasanth