Upgrade from 15.0.x directly to 16.0.0.1?

Will subs with 15.0.X code link to Medusa with 16.0.0.1 Code?  We have some subs that wont upgrade and we are in process of changing them out but want to upgrade our Medusas.

Hi,

I've just replied in the other thread, but will copy here as well.

They should do (I just ran 15.0.3 on 450 SM to 16.0.0.1 on 450m AP in the lab to check).

UL MU-MIMO will not work and it may bring down sector performance as a whole though, so not recommended in the long term.

If you have a more complicated setup with radius, QoS, AES etc there may be incompatibilities I haven't come across.

best regards,

Andy.

1 Like

@snorthway wrote:

Will subs with 15.0.X code link to Medusa with 16.0.0.1 Code?  We have some subs that wont upgrade and we are in process of changing them out but want to upgrade our Medusas.

I highly recommend reading my comment here, as I just answered a nearly identical question there: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/PMP450x-Release-16-0-0-1-is-now-available/m-p/98835/highlight/true#M7538

Long story short, you will want to look into 15.2 and 16.0 release notes and the Encryption FAQ before upgrading directly from 15.0.x to 16.0.x to avoid losing any links.

(P.S. I changed the topic on your post "firmware" to be more descriptive for anyone with a similar question to find it :D)