Upgrading CNS server is stuck in postgres install

I had CNSserver 1.2 and it will not detect radios vith late firmvare versions after 2.2, there for upgrade is needed.

After upgrading to 3.11 it wet well and I tested some basics all seemed to work fine, the I went on to upgrading the second time to 1.3.1.7 and it seems that PostgreSQL sits in an infinete loop it has been installing for 14 hours now nad threatheb-ns to uninstall of CNSserver with if I try to break that.

I hav ena backup of the original but I really do not know what to do, my feeling is tha it is actually done installing even though it keeps the computer at 100% CPU.

Would it be woth a try to reboot the computer with out quitting the install ?

I'm running CNSserver on CentOS linux on amn small dualcore computer for 3 APs and <20 SMs

What would you forum guys reccomend. 

Hi,

Could you please tell us which CentOs version you are using and share CNS Server logs with us.

Also you can check the CNS Server backup folder, where any backup of your system is created or not. If it is there then you can use that backup to restore after fresh installation of CNS Server 1.3.1.

Regards,

Piyush

Hi,

You can also check for the 'prev_cnss_db_backup.sql' file in the installed CNS Server directory. Copy this file to some other location then use the same after fresh installation of CNS Server. It will restore your old database.

Regards,

Piyush

My version is:

Linux version 3.10.0-327.22.2.el7.x86_64 (builder@kbuilder.dev.centos.org) (gcc version 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-9) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Jun 23 17:05:11 UTC 2016

Fully updated.

I have repeadedly deleted the /opt/snsserver (kept an backup) but I can not install an fresh install of neither of 2 latest versions and always ends up the same place, once the window "Installing Stack - Installing Postgre SQL".

That window runs for ever initially with modest CPU load but that escalades in several hours and ends up consuming all CPU.

I t seems tha I can not get the clean Install to complete 1.3.7 runs, 1.3.11 stops on this window an if I try to reinstall it will not run and comes with the message tha it is alrady setup. so I try 1.3.2 that stops on the Postgre install.

I can not find any clues in OS logs and do not know where to look for informative logs. I'm kind of stuck and would appriciate all ideas, since I have no way of managing the system in an reasonable way.

regards Stefan

Hi  stefan,

It is good if we can arrange for a session so that i can check what is exact problem with ths CN Server installation. You can create support issue (drop a mail to cambium support) for this and ask them for a support from devloper then I will take a webex session with you.

Regards,

Piyush