STEP 1: Taking the Data base Backup.
- Before the software upgrade make sure to take the Database backup.
- Go the WM Server Administration on the desktop or Server Admin Tool under C:\Cambium\WM\server\bin.
- On WMserver tab click on Stop WM server.
- Once the services are stopped click on System Backup, this will take the entire database backup of that version.
- The Backup file will be stored in C:\Cambium\WM\server\backup\WM_Data_Backup.
- Now start the WM server in WM Server Administration tool.
- Make sure to copy the backup file and save in the different location.
STEP 2: Upgrading the Wireless Manager
- Upgrade Procedure:
- Download the next upper version of the Wireless Manager.
- Double click on the Software and follow the procedure of the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, open WM Server Administration tool and start the Service by clicking Start WM server.
- Open the browser, access the WM client and make sure you are able to login to the Wireless Manager.
- Once the upgrade is done and confirmed that you are able to login to the WM, make sure to take the database backup to make sure you have a copy.
Software version upgarde path.
4.1.10 >> 4.2 >> 4.3.5 >> 4.4.12