Uplink Efficiency Dropped Down

I have two customers off a 2.4 AP whose uplink efficiency have dropped under 10% and as a result they are also going on and off the air. At install they were 95 and 100% uplink.

Both customers are around 12-13 miles out, are in seperate loactions, in remote areas with high elevation.

I have fine tuned the aim of both radios with no change. I have done a test with there home router off with no change.

I have checked their neighbors service and it is still good.

Any ideas waht could have caused this?

Dave Bradich wrote:
I have two customers off a 2.4 AP whose uplink efficiency have dropped under 10% and as a result they are also going on and off the air. At install they were 95 and 100% uplink.

Both customers are around 12-13 miles out, are in seperate loactions, in remote areas with high elevation.

I have fine tuned the aim of both radios with no change. I have done a test with there home router off with no change.

I have checked their neighbors service and it is still good.

Any ideas waht could have caused this?

sounds pretty far out, could be fresnal zone encroachment with trees growing during the summer, or perhaps interference which is more likely. run a spectrum analyzer & see whats going on

The spectrum analyzer just shows my 2 AP’s that the SM can see (25 MHz apart).

turn an AP off for a moment and check, you might have a very poor SNR

Are your download efficiencies still good? If your upload is the only bad part of the link and it’s on multiple modules you likely need to change frequencies on the AP.