V5000, which "side" is sector 1?

Stupid question, but I can’t seem to find the answer in the docs yet:

With the DN/V5000 facing AWAY from you (looking at the “back” of it, where it should be pointed say due North), which “side” is sector 1 and which is sector 2?

Looking “through” it from the back I’m guessing Sector 1 is on the right side and Sector 2 is on the left?

Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. See image from the ‘front’ of the V5000. - Bruce

Here is a better picture for extra clarification. This is as viewed from the top of the V5000. - Bruce

3 Likes

to make it more clear cause in their answers is not … sector 1 is on the side where u attach the fiber, sfp+

1 Like

When you’re planning your network in the LINKPlanner or using cnMaestro to configure and setup the sites and nodes it’s all visualised as if you are looking from the top of the unit:

Once you in the field it’s important that the installer points the front of the DN in the direction planned in those tools, this ensures the sites are aligned to the plans you have made.

But you are correct the SPF+ is on the Sector 1 side, I suspect for lab work this is a good aid to remember, thank you!

Which Sector is the radio MAC address starting in 12:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx ?

Assuming your question is refering to a V5000 radio node. Radio node links that start with 12:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx are related to Sector 1, and Radio node links that start wtih 22:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx are related to Sector 2. For V3000, V2000, and V1000, they only have a single radio (whereas the V5000 has two radios) and therefore these three nodes would only ever show usage of Sector 1 for thier RF links.

1 Like